Campfires, cabins, lifelong friendships – Maine kids and adults with disabilities will have the adventure of a lifetime this summer at Pine Tree Camp, Maine’s only American Camp Association accredited camp exclusively for children and adults with disabilities. Registration is now open and applications are being accepted at this link.
Pine Tree Camp’s week-long overnight summer camp sessions are designed for children and adults living with a full range of intellectual and physical disabilities, featuring:
- Fully accessible campus on North Pond in Rome which features hundreds of acres and dozens of opportunities for kids to be outside and active, including: kayaking, swimming, fishing, adaptive biking, ropes course, adaptive outdoor sports, archery and a barrier-free treehouse.
- Pine Tree Camp program staff and consulting Occupational Therapists and Speech Language Professionals seamlessly support individual camper needs so they can fully participate in anything they would like to try.
- A nursing team is on site 24/7 providing individualized care.
- Trained kitchen staff ready to meet campers’ individualized dietary needs including allergies.
- An Open Door policy! No camper is ever turned away due to their ability to pay.
- New this summer: A special Sensory Sensitive overnight camp session for kids will be offered July 22 – July 26; allowing children with autism and sensory issues to experience the fun and freedom of overnight summer camp created especially for them.
The full summer schedule can be found on Pine Tree Camp’s website.